Permanent Residence Permit in Poland

The permanent residence permit may be given to a foreigner who:

  1. is a person of polish origin and wants to settle in Poland;
  2. has been married to a Polish citizen in a marriage (polish law) for at least 3 years before filling the application for a permanent residence permit and has stayed in Poland without interruption  before filing the application for at least 2 years  to a temporary residence permit issued pursuant to marriage with a Polish citizen or to obtaining refugee status, subsidiary protection or consent for stay issued due to humanitarian reasons;
  3. has stayed in Poland uninterruptedly  before filing an application for a permanent residence permit for at least 5 years according to refugee status;
  4. has been granted asylum in Poland;
  5. has a valid Pole’s Card and intends to settle in Poland permanently;
  6. is a child of a foreigner who has a permanent residence permit in Poland or a long-tern EU resident permit, remaining in the parental custody of the foreigner;


Application for permanent residence permit must be filed during your legal stay in Poland. A permanent residence permit is valid for an indefinite period and the residence card has to be replaced every 10 years. A permanent residence permit issued in Poland does not entitle the foreigner to take up work in another EU country. A permanent residence permit entitles the foreigner to travel to other Schengen Area countries for up to 90 days in a 180-day period for only tourism purposes.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s