The long term EU Residency permit authorizes it’s holder to stay in Poland permanently, only the residence card must be renewed for 5 years peroids. The foreigner can take up work in Poland on that basis and can travel along Schengen Zone countries for tourist reasons.
The long term EU Residency permit may be granted to a foreigner who:
- has been staying in Poland legally for 5 years (uninterruptedly);
- has maintained a stable and regular source of income for 3 years before applying for long term EU residency permit;
- has got health insurance;
- has got a place of residence in Poland;
- has obtained a certificate in Polish language on B1 level.
The long term EU Residency permit application must be submitted by a foreigner who stays legally in Poland. The procedure takes about 3 months.